Reza Kheirkhah is an Intercultural communication expert with knowledge of Chinese, English and Esperanto. He is a professional graduate from the Chinese language center at the National Pingtung University of Education.
While discussing the Impacts of COVID-19 in the Middle East, he will try to answer the following questions:
- How did the COVID-19 enter Iran?
- How did it spread from Iran to the neighboring countries?
- What is the status of Iran-USA relations and its effect on Iranian people’s corona-related issues?
- What has happened to the relationship between Iran and Afghanistan, Iraq and Turkey in the shadow of the pandemic?
- What is the coming 25-year Iran-China agreement and its consequences?
- What are the future perspectives of the current situation?
According to Him:
- COVID-19 began in Iran on 19 February and started in Qom which is the Second Holiest City of Iran;
- Imposing Quarantine was quite difficult for the Government;
- The pandemic spread through the country fast;
- The north and Tehran were mostly hurt by the pandemic;
- The pandemic made Iran’s already recessed economy worse;
- Iran also exported COVID-19 to neighboring states.